GOLDEN CIRCLE AND GLACIER
Explore a glacier & the Golden Circle
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the Vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar. The best part, this is all done within 8 hours!
Where the central highlands start, with their uninhabited pristine nature, you will board one of our custom-made Super Trucks that´s capable of driving across rough snowy terrain thanks to its enormous tires. The drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier is a unique Arctic highland experience and the snowmobile tour that follows is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Ride across the eternally frozen snow and ice fields of one of the bigger glaciers in the world on a guided snowmobile tour, exploring one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe and indeed the world.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi-connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS-synced Audio Guide, available in a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour, our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat, you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
This is one of our all-time favorites and a classic Icelandic day tour.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
What's not included
- Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel can be booked as an extra service with our SmartBus™ service. Otherwise you are advised to be at our Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
What do I need to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
- All special clothing and all the equipment needed for the trip is provided so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills nor former snowmobile experience is required
- You need a valid driver's license to drive a snowmobile
- You will be sharing a snowmobile with someone, however, there is an extra cost if you would like to be a single rider.