GOLDEN CIRCLE AND WHALE WATCHING
Two of Iceland's top five in one day
For an unforgettable action-packed day, take Iceland´s most iconic tour, the Golden Circle, and afterward head out to sea for an evening of whale watching.
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the Vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
After returning to Reykjavik around 15:30, the whale watching trip will begin at 17:00 meaning you will have about 1.5 hrs to enjoy the quaint old harbor with its design boutiques and coffee houses, or simply stroll around and take in all the action in the busy harbor. In the bay, a large variety of whales, dolphins and birds can be found. The minke whales are playful and in large numbers, along with the quick and quirky white-beaked dolphins, the cute harbor porpoises and the huge humpback whales.
Please note that after the whale watching tour customers will have to find their own way to their accommodation.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi-connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS-synced Audio Guide, available in a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour, our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat, you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Our specially modified whale watching boats all have big viewing decks as well as indoor facilities such as a cafeteria and toilets.
- Access to the Whale Watching Centre
- Wireless internet on board
- “Whale Guarantee” If we find no whales on your tour you get another free try on our classic Whale watching tour.
What's not included
- Pick-up at hotel can be booked as an extra service with our SmartBus™ service. Otherwise you are advised to be at our Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
- Drop off is never included after the whale watching part. Customers will have to find their own way to accommodation after the whale watching.
What do I need to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
For whale watching: it is often colder on sea than on land, so be sure to bring extra clothing if you feel necessary. However, if you don't have warm clothing we will supply you with a very warm overall and more gear for the whale watching tour, as well as having some sweaters to lend on the Whale watching boat.